Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Resolutions, or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb

I know it's lame, but here are my 2011 resolutions...

Get rid of the blue lemon!  This would be the 1994 Oldsmobile I bought off some old man for $1,295 in cash.  In the year I've had this car, it's been nothing but trouble.  The engine runs like shit and runs hot.  The driver's side window only works half the time.  The lock doesn't work on my side.  I'm always having to inflate one of the tires.  Now the battery is dead!

Get out of Walmart!  Walmart is the most soul-crushing entity in America.  No one epitomizes the "Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians" attitude like Walmart.  Everyone there is a supervisor or manager of something in the store and boy, do they NOT know how to do their jobs.  After 11 years, it sucks that I'm still everyone's little bitch.

Get out of the house!  Basically, I spend too much time on the Internet and not enough time actually meeting people.  I'm in need of a hobby to help me unwind from the constant stress of everyone at work and certain family issues. 

Find a REAL girlfriend!  This is a tough one.  I'm the king of long-distance girlfriends.  I've been writing women long-distance since the 90s.  The problem is one of us is constantly choking at actually meeting up.  I have serious issues with women in this area.  Most are very hateful and mean-spirited and have boyfriends on the side.  This sucks for me being a small, unintimidating guy in a field of steroid-injected, easily-enranged Rednecks.

Start writing!  I was inspired this summer by one of my Internet friends to finally do something with all those super-hero characters I had floating in my head since the 90s.  So far, I've had some good responses.  The problem is having the time and discipline to actually sit down and type it out. 

Anyway, there's probably 500 more things I could write about, but I really don't want to bore you anymore than I already have, so I'll let it go at that.

Thanks for the time and stay away from the fish.  It's gone bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment